Cancelled transaction

Jules4773
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled a transaction today because the buyer added on an Amazon giftcard to sort the delivery of furniture. I expressly detailed in the listing and in the transaction details that I was not responsible for arranging this and they still went ahead.

It's a pain because otherwise I was happy with the sale, has anyone else encountered this type of problem?

Has anyone had any issues after cancelling as they'd sent payment which I did not accept, my account has a nil balance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jules4773 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM.........

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment. 
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad or sending as a gift to a family member but they will arrange a shipping agent or courier to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The fake paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via another payment processor than Paypal or by providing some vouchers or tokens before the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram, Western Union, Bank Transfer or any sort of gift token or voucher.
There is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jules4773
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass

Thank you for the detailed response.

I became more and more suspicious with each bit of contact and the final straw was them sending a voucher to cover courier delivery.

I wouldn't have sent anything before having transferred the money to my bank account as I was aware of this being an issue with dishonest users of  Paypal, however the issue over paying extra for shipping by other means was new to me. Thankfully not any more.

Your help is much appreciated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.