Buyers Item arrived damaged and has filed chargeback

Mungmeister
Contributor
Contributor

Item was initially shipped by Parcelforce to Ebay Global shipping in Lichfield my responsibility, then buyer paid for global shipping to USA One of items arrived damaged, main Item was ok damaged item was only worth £20 which I have offered to refund, but buyer refused and filed a chargeback through paypal and not Ebay, stating unauthorised transaction

Any help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mungmeister

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed. If it was authorised they will turn his claim down.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mungmeister

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed. If it was authorised they will turn his claim down.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.