Buyer wants to change address but item already shipped

teejay_4
Contributor
Contributor
I ran into a situation where the buyer noticed the shipping address was wrong. They claimed that I put the wrong address but only shipped to the address on the transaction page. Now they want a refund but the item is still in transit. They also say that they will file a claim with their bank to get their money back. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @teejay_4,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent sale. You certainly shouldn't send a package to any other address other than the address provided in the transaction details on PayPal. If a buyer opens a dispute or claim regarding an item they didn’t receive through PayPal, normally we would check that the recipient's name and address in the online tracking information must match those displayed in your Transaction Details page.

However, when the buyer opens a dispute with their bank, it may take a bit longer than PayPal's dispute process. You can read more about that here: What is a chargeback, and why did I get one?

If the item is still in transit, it may be worthwhile to reach out to the shipping company to have it returned to you. That way if you refund the buyer you can minimize any potential loss. 

Best wishes with this and future sales,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.