Buyer threatening to dispute items they sent proof that they received

Gatorade45
New Community Member

Hello all,

I am writing due to an issue I had with a customer. The customer was a friend of mine who bought many items from me and agreed to wait on overseas shipping before the items would combine. She bought her first item in August of 2019 and her last in November of 2019 and waited until many items arrived by January to contact me for shipping. She cancelled a Paypal invoice I sent for shipping in August of 2019 because she wished to further combine shipping. She agreed to the wait time as she was buying from overseas and requested combined shipping.

In January she requested to combine shipping and get refunds on any items that were still overseas. I obliged and sent her items with free shipping. Two items were missing from the box. She sent a photograph to prove to me that the items were missing. I have the photograph dated and attached to her name. We eventually mutually agreed to refund the two missing items.

Now it is August of 2020. She is upset with me over personal, unrelated issues and told me she wishes to get revenge on me for it. She told me she would be calling paypal and claiming the items were damaged (which they were not and she sent me a picture of them in perfect condition upon arrival) and not as described (which, again, they were and she sent me a picture that shows them exactly as described).

What are my rights? I believe she has no transactions (other than refunds sent) within the past 180 days. She openly messaged me about trying to scam me out of the items she already received and many of which I am pretty sure she sold to other people. I told Paypal that I would be happy to refund the money if she agreed to send all of the items to me in perfect condition as shown in the picture she sent to me. Am I protected here?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.