Beware Sellers - PayPal Unfair Decisions!!!

R_Fehlhaber
Contributor
Contributor

I am absolutely appalled by PayPal after they closed a case in favour of the buyer, leaving me out of pocket.

I sold an item on sphock and informed the buyer when it had been posted along with tracking number.

Buyer complained over a week later stating he had not received the item.

PayPal started the claim and favoured the buyer.

I appealed and sent images of postage receipt containing tracking number etc etc along with a screenshot from Royal Mail website clearly showing item had been delivered to buyers home address.

PayPal rejected my appeal and refunded the buyer, closing the case leaving me out of pocket.

I agree with buyer protection but where is the protection for sellers??

The law states that: "The seller is responsible for the package until it reaches the buyer. This means that as a seller, even though the package is out of your hands – you are responsible for it until the tracking states “Delivered” or “Notice Left”.

Obviously PayPal has chosen to ignore this fundamental fact.

Has anyone else suffered this and if so what did you do about it? I have already contacted the Financial Ombudsman and will be contacting my solicitor for advice on where to take this next as I am really not happy that I have not only been scammed by the buyer but also that PayPal has condoned the actions of the buyer,

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.