Am I getting scammed?

Ogan
New Community Member

Ok so I'm selling something on eBay and we said that they would make the payment through Paypal. And they said that they sent the money I got an email that looks like Paypal saying that the money was sent but it's on hold. But first, let me give some context they said that they were getting what I was selling for their son and that they also wanted to get him a gift card for 200 dollars which is kinda fishy but I said it was ok. So they sent the money that was needed but what I read on the email said that I needed to send a picture of the gift card not the code,  just the gift card. The thing is that nothing has come up on my Paypal saying anything about money. I don't know if this is how it works but it seems kinda fishy so I came here hoping someone would confirm it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ogan 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

There is a possibility that you're dealing with a fake buyer. 

If you receive an email saying you received money but you do not see any payment when you login to www.paypal.com, consider the transaction unpaid. Do not send anything out to your buyer.

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.