Alleged "Buyer" opening a case, It isn't happening and I'm getting robbed!!!!!!!

beoneill
Contributor
Contributor

On Feb 28th of this year, my daughter sent me $60 "friends and family" for money owed to me. Shortly after, I was notified of a claim regarding this transaction stating; "the buyer never received their merchandise", and the funds were showing in my account as "on hold". Knowing it was my daughter, and that SHE NEVER FILED A CLAIM, I said "**bleep** it" and refunded the money to her to avoid the drama associated with dealing with PayPal and a pending claim.

Concerned why this happened, I followed up and called PayPal support and spoke with an excellent Representative. He explained to me that my daughters credit card company (citizens bank visa debit), initiated this claim, "just because sometimes they do that". After doubting this and yelling at my daughter, she assured me she didn't open a claim. She called Citizens Bank and they didn't comment on opening a claim and denied knowledge of it however they verified she was refunded. The PayPal representative made notes and assured me the claim had been resolved and closed.

Today, 3/30/20, I get an email saying that a claim had been opened. The claim states "the buyer never received their merchandise". This claim is referencing the transaction from February 28th and PayPal is trying to take $60 from my account AGAIN! 

Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't dare conduct any business online because I have lost faith and don't trust PayPal with my money. 

Any input would be appreciated.

Brian

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@beoneill 

If its a family/friends payment then the dispute has NOTHING to do with paypal.

It can only be done via a senders credit card company.

So that card company makes all decisions and all paypal do is pass on any information on your behalf to that card company.

It is NOT a paypal dispute so your daughter needs to sort it with her card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@beoneill 

If its a family/friends payment then the dispute has NOTHING to do with paypal.

It can only be done via a senders credit card company.

So that card company makes all decisions and all paypal do is pass on any information on your behalf to that card company.

It is NOT a paypal dispute so your daughter needs to sort it with her card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.