where is settings button

Slownold
Contributor
Contributor

Both Chess.com and PayPal itself refers to a 'Settings' tab/button which I should find at the top of the home page. I cannot find this. point being to locate the pre approved payments section

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slownold

Its the 'cog' icon next to log out.

Then click on 'payments' in the blue band at the top and on the next page at the top is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slownold

Its the 'cog' icon next to log out.

Then click on 'payments' in the blue band at the top and on the next page at the top is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HobbyHermit
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT helpful!

On my computer (in 2021, I gave the date because things have clearly changed!) there is NO "cog" or "gear" icon AT ALL. there is ONLY a LOG OUT button to push, from the drop down menu that pops up from my little Icon in the top Right side of the screen. 

I'm not on a phone but on a laptop.

Maybe this makes a difference, but it shouldn't; by this time ALL platforms should reflect pretty much the same layout and functioning. =-(!

Pay Pal has made it impossible to even shut down my own account!

Weep with me for we have created HELL not heaven with our technologies!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HobbyHermit 

Well if was helpful to the person who asked the question and to who I directed my reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Janice46
Contributor
Contributor
I feel your pain! I cannot find Settings button either. Need to change my name.
Login to Me Too

CapStar362
Contributor
Contributor

this new user interface they have broken it.  you cannot close the app by hitting the back button anymore - it Errors Out. 

They removed or somehow gaffed the settings Cog and the Profile Icon.  they are gone. 

Login to Me Too

Hellbelle666
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I had the same problem as ypu with s missing COG/SETTINGS button. I've actually found pre approved payment s now. If you log on and in the bottom RIGHT hand corner click on what looks like a bunch of cards. Then scroll down to the bottom. You should see pre approved payments 👍 You can amend from there. Hope this helps as it took me forever to find 😁
Login to Me Too

Jasmine_gualda
New Community Member
Thank you! I was looking for ages and the other threads are totally wrong. Automatic Payments is there at the bottom of that page as you described. Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

Hellbelle666
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so glad it helped you!!! Have a lovely rest of the day 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jasmine_gualda 

Other threads and advice is NOT wrong.

It depends on the country you are in and the account type you have.

My advice which was correct for the OP as they had a personal paypal account in the U.K so please don't state advice is incorrect when it is not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.