use of VPN in PayPal

RobertoD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone confirm that PayPal recommends NOT using VPN when making financial transactions?

Do they really recommend that we work on an open internet, with no protection to move financial data?

Please let me know, as I have to make a decision of closing my account.

Thank You

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

RobertoD2020
Contributor
Contributor

If the use of a VPN is considered a threat to PayPal, it means the company is far behind in technology, and ignorance normally means more vulnerability. It is not worth taking a chance. I am closing the account and making sure my team stays away too.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobertoD2020 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#restricted-activities

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:

“Use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our websites without our prior written permission; or use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;”

If you hide yourself, PayPal won’t be able to tell you are you using your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

RobertoD2020
Contributor
Contributor

If the use of a VPN is considered a threat to PayPal, it means the company is far behind in technology, and ignorance normally means more vulnerability. It is not worth taking a chance. I am closing the account and making sure my team stays away too.

Login to Me Too

tommyt123456789
Contributor
Contributor

This total BS with PayPal. Don't you guys get that a clean VPN is the only way to go these days? You already ask for 2FA (phone text code), isn't that enough?

Every time I sign in from a different location IN THE US, I have to change my password. "suspicious activity" Good god, you're supposed to be the bright one!

I use either Nord or ExpressVPN, I have both. Both are top rated, secure platforms, pay for, not cheap freebie VPN's.

Damn PayPal, wake the hell up! Tired of changing my password! This is 2021, age of 2FA. Hey, works for Bank of America, why not you?

Login to Me Too

Miiimiiiiii
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I didn't know that and my vpn was on when I made a transaction yesterday that's why my payment was pending! What can i do now? They have my payment on hold, will my amount get declined in this case?
Login to Me Too

Greg313
New Community Member
My bank and Venmo seem to be able to figure it out.
Login to Me Too

KencycrystalD
You see? PayPal have made everything difficult for it's users in the course of protection it's from scammers and in return to that we the users are losing a lot of money due to unavailability to undo or correct a mistake like me now, I received a money from my client but I haven't added my bank account or debit card, so I try to add it inorder to transfer my money to take care of other business but it was rejected saying that my card have been linked to another account and that account which they referred to is closed so now so now I don't have the ability to transfer my money to safety and I tried to transfer the money to my personal account and I can't because I have to put in my number and I don't have a us mobile number because I just changed location and am new there so you see it is useless. Am not saying it shouldn't be protected from scarmers but at least let us have one escape plan for each too much security protocol. Its like a car that when you hit it heavily to luck down authormatically but assuming there is fire inside the car and something hit it or that something hit the car and it catch for from inside, now tell me how will you escape but assuming there is a manual botton inside and outside (for someone outside and her baby is inside) that you can push and then at least one door will open, it will be a lot safer using the car thank you pls help us we are suffering using this PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.