trouble logging into my paypal account.

longtimealaskan
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to log into my Paypal account.  I got a message saying they wanted to verify who I am.  They gave me a code and I chose the option of having them call me.  I entered the code.  My Paypal account page went away.  They called me a second time.  I entered the code again.  They called me a third time.  When I tried to log in again I now get a window that says "Quick Security Check- -please add a phone.  They already have my phone - they called me three times.  So I can't get into my account.  I know my username and password.  Paypal just won't let me log in without me adding a phone.  I don't have another phone to add.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@longtimealaskan 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

longtimealaskan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding.  I finally got into my account.  I shut my computer down while I went to do some errands and I was able to log into my account when I returned.

My telephone is a landline.  I don't have a cell phone.  Will I have to get a cell phone to continue using my Paypal account?  If so, I will probably close my Paypal account.  The primary reason I have the Paypal account is that I sell a few things on ebay.  Ebay eliminated my need for a Paypal account when they eliminated Paypal from their postage payment system.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.