refund under fitbit recall proces

OMMI8
Contributor
Contributor

i am supposed to receive refund under fitbit recall process. Received a mail from paypal for the refund.why they are giving my refund.pls let me know

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

SheetalRani17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. its been few days I have received the communication from PayPal that your payment is waiting, but haven't received further communication.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OMMI8 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OMMI8
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't made the payment thru PayPal. But as per fitbit recall process of Fitbit ionic watch, they have 1 option of refund ie., Paypal. I selected the option. I received the mail from paypal 15 days back. Still not credited. Can anyone help me with customer care no. Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dani

Hello @OMMI8 and @SheetalRani17,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the PayPal Community Forums. If you didn't make a purchase using PayPal, but Fitbit says they are returning the funds via PayPal, then that means they would be sending the money to you, likely using an email address or phone number you provided to them. When you receive money via PayPal, a notification gets sent. If the email address or phone number you provided to Fitbit is not linked and confirmed on your PayPal account, then the funds would not show until you have done so. You can link and confirm an email by following the directions found here. You can also link and confirm a phone number by following the instructions here.

I hope that this helps you get your refunds quickly.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SheetalRani17
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_Dani, Thanks much for the response. I have already added my Email-id and phone number on the PayPal. It's been almost 3 weeks to I have received a communication fir my refund but no further notification from PayPal yet. I have tried contacting customer support but no luck. Is there any other way to identify the refund status?
Login to Me Too

OMMI8
Contributor
Contributor
Same with me. I also added Email and phone long time ago.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SheetalRani17 

@OMMI8 

If its not a 'refund' but they have sent you money to refund you then....

To receive Paypal payments in your country read the below links.
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-receive-paypal-payments-faq1750?app=searchAutoC...
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-steps-to-verify-my-account-faq1219?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SheetalRani17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have followed the same steps mentioned in link for payments but still no luck. I haven't received any amount in my Paypal account yet. Could you please advise me on this as its been too long?

Thanks much !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.