"Quick Security Check" is impossible to pass - won't accept my phone number.

DLBurkhart1
New Community Member

I'm trying to access my account, but can't pass the "Quick Security Check". It requires I add a new phone number, but won't accept it. I get the error message, "This type of number isn't supported." I have the same phone number for all options (text message, phone call to mobile phone, phone call to home phone, and phone call to work phone). So, I get the same error for whichever one I choose. Surprisingly, I can reset my password or login to the Resolution Center. Resetting my password sends a code by SMS to my phone number already in my account and lets me successfully set a new password. But, the login process keeps insisting I pass the "Quick Security Check" with a new phone number. So much for anything "Quick".

I saw the same issue posted over a month ago with no feedback at all. I'm hoping the extra detail will help generate a helpful response. But, honestly, I'm taking a pessimistic posture on this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MawmawB
Contributor
Contributor
Same hete
Login to Me Too

V116
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue. This is exactly why I stopped using PayPal back years ago. I thought I’d give it another shot but I see nothing has changed to improve it. I’m just glad it’s not my paycheck I’m trying to access.
Login to Me Too

neelydd

Ughhh!! I'm having the same exact problem! No one seems to have the answer or any guidance on this!! 😩

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.