"Login notification from PayPal" email every time I use PayPal app

benwrobinson
New Community Member

I have the PayPayl app on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) and every time I log in to the app I get an email letting me know that I've logged in.

Email Subject: Login notification from PayPal

Body: New Login to PayPal
We noticed a new login with your PayPal account associated with [email] from a device we don't recognize.

Device is listed as just "Android".

I do not see any options in the app to register the device, or control this notification. It's pretty annoying actually; I would like having relevant alerts if someone else logged into my account, but at this point I'm just ignoring the emails. Anyone know how to stop getting these alerts?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

LadyMonoceros
New Community Member
I'm having this problem, too! But it's not only when I log in. It's multiple times per day, even when I haven't looked at my paypal at all! It's always an android device. I thought I was getting hacked or something, but there haven't been any actions on my account.
Login to Me Too

kkorotev
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! It's annoying!  Hey POP, any work arounds on this problem?  I'm about to write an email rule to trash these emails from you but really don't like that answer.

Login to Me Too

Jacquemw

The problem is PayPal's new 2-step account verification method.  If you sign up to verify you're account by receiving a text from them, you won't get an email!!!!!!  However, if you choose NOT to sign up for the text message 2-step verification, the only other method is email, so you will get an account sign on verification by email.......TO STOP THE EMAILS SIGN UP FOR PAYPALS, TEXT TWO STEP VERIFICATION METHOD AND END THE INCESSANT EMAILS!

Login to Me Too

msydnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issues as well. However, I also have my PayPal account linked to my accounting software CountAbout.com. So, two-step phone verification may be problematic depending on the capabilities of the account linking API provider they use.

I have had problems now and then successfully linking and twice I even got a pic type captcha to complete the verification and account linking process in the accounting software.

I wish they just had a checkbox to NOT receive emails from authorized devices.

Come on, it's PayPal - make it work already!

Login to Me Too

dt3001
Contributor
Contributor

RE: " If you sign up to verify you're account ... TO STOP THE EMAILS[,] SIGN UP FOR PAYPALS, [sic. It should be "PayPal's" ...] TEXT TWO STEP VERIFICATION METHOD".

There's so much ignorance to unpack here:

1. If you don't know the difference between "you're" and *your (account), you're not qualified to give your opinion.

2. What kind of idiot ridiculously believes the way to solve receipt of unwanted emails ... is to sign up to receive unwanted text messages?!?

3. Also, signing up for the absolutely pointless text "verification method" also provides consent for your telephone number to be shared with multiple third-parties.

Basically, everything you wrote is incorrect.

Login to Me Too

bl-
Contributor
Contributor

I received this email too. I don't even use Andriod, just iOS and Google Chrome. Sent me into a frenzy trying to figure out if my account was compromised...

Login to Me Too

mirth_mischief
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. First thought I had actually lost my password somehow.

Any news on this? Or workarounds?

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @mirth_mischief,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in.  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Scorosser
Contributor
Contributor

This has been happening to me too, ever since I upgraded my iPhone to a newer model a couple months ago. Now PP keeps telling me they’ve “noticed a new login ... from a device we don’t recognise.” They seem to be originating from the US as they always have a PST time stamp (I’m in the UK). I”ve contacted PP support several times to get these alerts stopped without any success. It’s beyond frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.