paypal.me profile "taken", but "can’t find" - why?

OlegVMartynov
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to create a paypal.me profile that I want, I get "That's taken", but when I try to enter it in the browser, I get "We can’t find this profile". Can it be that someone (maybe me) already created it before and then it was removed but still the system somehow remembers it? (I did delete a PayPal account and create a new one.)

Also, there's an account of someone with a similar name (it's pretty common). Is there any way to see that person's email address to make sure it's not myself from a previous account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @OlegVMartynov,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about PayPal.me. PayPal. Me links can’t be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred link is taken, try some alternatives or pick one of our suggestions. You may have only one active PayPal. Me link per PayPal account. Hence, you will need to create a new one for the present account. To create your PayPal. Me link, just visit PayPal. Me. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to discuss any account-related information or take any action on this platform. We cannot confirm another accounts details for safety and security reasons. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

OlegVMartynov
Contributor
Contributor

I understand about "first come, first served", but why can't I create a profile with a name which seems to be unused?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @OlegVMartynov

Thank you for your reply. 

I understand that it's frustrating to not be able to use the name you'd like to use. We are unable to confirm the status or existence of another account, but if the name is associated with another account, whatever its status, it would not be available for use. There are several reasons for this, not least of which is to avoid confusion for people who may have previously used the link for payments to the associated account. The inability to see the payment page is not a guarantee that there is no association with an account.

I regret that you are unable to use the name that you would like to use. Please select another username for use with PayPal.me.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.