paypal is not using preferred bank account

rolecgroup
Contributor
Contributor

We've changed bank accounts - added it - verified it - and has been set as our preferred funding source for a couple of weeks, but paypal is ignoring and still using the old account.

I've tried removing the old account but i get below.

Help appreciated as the chat thing doesn't understand as does the man on the phone will a million questions, and no answers 🤔

rolecgroup_0-1634121849137.png

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @rolecgroup,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I understand your concern about the change in funding source. Each time you make a payment from your PayPal account it goes through a series of filters to determine how much risk may be involved in that transaction. If the system deems a transaction to be at high risk, then it may limit the funding options that are available or block the payment from going through all together. It is possible that this is what you may be running into here. This might be the reason, your funding source has been changed. If you have any questions, please reach out to our customer support through the available contact options on our website.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

rolecgroup
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response @PayPal_Ayesha 

The issue is really that I have changed the funding source and paypal is ignoring it for any/all transactions.

The bank account it is withdrawing funds from will soon be closed.

I need to understand why the system will not allow me to delete the redundant account

I have tried your support options - the chatbot does not understand my request, and there is no option on the phone to talk to real person as your phone robot again does not understand what i am asking.

If there's a direct support email address can you let me know please.

This needs to be resolved fast as either Paypal are going to push my bank account into a negative overdrawn state, or be trying to collect funds from a closed account at which point you'll reject my purchase attempts....

Dean

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi, again @rolecgroup,

I am sorry to know about the issue that you're facing with your account. I would recommend you to try making your new bank account a primary funding source if there is an option and then, remove the old bank from your PayPal account. If you're unable to remove it, there might be various reasons, please check the shared help center article to know about it or there might be some technical issue, kindly clear cache and cookies or try using a different browser. If the issue persists, the only option is to contact our customer support by Facebook or Twitter so that our advisors can help you remove the bank account. Apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Best wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

rolecgroup
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @PayPal_Ayesha  - i'll go via facebook or twitter then as i'm confident its a technical error as new account is verified and set as preferred funding source, but still wont allow deletion of old account.

rolecgroup_0-1634296741828.png

Login to Me Too

troxmo
Contributor
Contributor
I don‘t get how there is still no solution to this, this problem has been posted a thousand times and no help is offered. I added a second bank account, too, but there is no way to always use the new bank account for all existing payment enrollments - i would have to check each payment entry and change the preferred bank account manually. Please finally do something about this and give as the possibility to set the preferred bank account for EVERY payment!
Login to Me Too

troxmo
Contributor
Contributor

just to follow up on this: i know that there is an option to set the preferred bank account (ONLY in the browser version), but I already did this and money is still drawn from my old bank account which is not set as the preferred bank account. so the feature is there, but it isn't working for exisiting monthly payments. please fix this.

Login to Me Too

rolecgroup
Contributor
Contributor

Altering all existing arrangements was how they directed me to fix it, and seemed to have cured it - a real pain in the **bleep** way of sorting tbh

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.