New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I am trying to log-in but EVERY time I do so it says they will phone me to do a check but no-one phones me. I have been waiting for them to call me for ages. At the start of this process they successfully sent me a code to fill in by email. How do I get them to phone me
Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!
You can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset. This may help you solve the issue! If not, please give us a call. To do so, go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. At the bottom of that page, you will see the available options to contact us while logged out.
I hope this helps!
I did what you said. it didn't work. I gave up and will in future not buy anything where I have to go via paypal. When I was a member before I got so many scamming and phishing emails that I stopped using paypal.
Think it has to be an SMS text code now on your mobile phone for log in security requirements.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.