my identification isn't accepted in Thailand

mntainwalkr
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Thailand and have a paypal account in Thailand. 

I'm informed to confirm my identity or else I won't be able to use my account. 

I'm asked for my "population identification code". I put in my passport number and get an error. 

If they are expecting a Thai ID, then of course. 

So how do I fix this because Paypal thinks I'm Thai, but I'm American and I can't confirm my ID. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mntainwalkr 

Look at the bottom of your passport (page with your picture). There is also your ID number + other numbers and letters. Type them and it should work.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Joy

Hi @mntainwalkr,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with supplying requested information. I understand how concerning this would be. 

For this situation, I suggest contacting us to provide additional details. To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mntainwalkr 

Look at the bottom of your passport (page with your picture). There is also your ID number + other numbers and letters. Type them and it should work.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mntainwalkr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that was it. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.