my funds are stuck on hold and i have no way of releasing them.

raphaelllll
New Community Member

ive made a new paypal account and tranferred my money from the previous into this one. i also was paid there for a video editing job i did.

i accidently used my details instead of my parents as paypal didnt quite clarify that you need to be 18+ to use it.

is there any way to at least get my funds out and put them in another account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raphaelllll 

Paypal don't allow you to open an underage account so to bypass that you must have entered an incorrect date of birth?

However that would be picked up when you need the account to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account or allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.