its impassable for me to provide proof of address.

mohaned1001
Contributor
Contributor

i live in Malaysia under "special pass" visa and i live in rented apartment so its impassable for me to get utility bill with my name on it or bank statement with my name on it as am not allowed to open bank account here because of my visa type (that's the reason why i have paypal in the first place or else i would receive my payments directly to my bank account)
so what can i do now ? how can i get my money out ? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohaned1001 

From Paypals help pages...

We accept copies of the following documents as proof of address:

• Utility bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Cell or landline phone bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Motor vehicle registration (dated within last 12 months)
  • Copy of grant deed on home or lease agreement for home
  • Bank or credit card statement (dated within last 12 months)
  • Identity card or driver's license with physical address listed (must be current)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohaned1001 

https://www.paypal.com/my/webapps/mpp/withdrawal-options

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mohaned1001
Contributor
Contributor

will the issue isn't with the withdraw the issue is with the address proof i used to just send the money to my friends paypal account and he withdraw the money for me
but now without the address proof i cant even send money to other paypal accounts so is there is any other way i can withdraw the money with or is there is any way i can proof my address other then the three only options required ? as they are impassable for me 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohaned1001 

From Paypals help pages...

We accept copies of the following documents as proof of address:

• Utility bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Cell or landline phone bill (dated within last 12 months)
  • Motor vehicle registration (dated within last 12 months)
  • Copy of grant deed on home or lease agreement for home
  • Bank or credit card statement (dated within last 12 months)
  • Identity card or driver's license with physical address listed (must be current)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mohaned1001
Contributor
Contributor

i don't know how PayPal expected the users to know all of that when i click on "select document" in the proof of address form it show only three options 
1-creaditcard statement
2-utility bill
3-bank or card statement
the process of using PayPal is getting harder and harder and much more complicated and much more relying on assuming users already have bank accounts while most of the users in my opinion only use it because they cant have bank account in the first place 
one last question i don't have or cant produce any of the documents you asked for in your last comment, however i can get proof of address from the embassy of my country here in Malaysia it will have my name and my address here in Malaysia will that be acceptable ? 
and thank you for your help and reply.

Login to Me Too

mohaned1001
Contributor
Contributor

i used my cellphone bill and it was very easy and accepted quickly thank you so much for your help 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.