How to downgrade my PayPal account to Personal from Business?

paulgabriel28
Contributor
Contributor

how to downgrade my PayPal account to personal account from business account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulgabriel28 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
128 REPLIES 128
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulgabriel28 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LadyLioness16
New Community Member
I have signed up for a Business account, but I want to downgrade to Personal. Is there a way to contact customer service without Facebook nor Twitter?
Login to Me Too

stavrosioannou
Contributor
Contributor

Does not work for me either for over a year.

This is so bad.

Hope some of the paypal guys can see it

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @LadyLioness16 and @stavrosioannou 

Thank you for posting your inquiry in the PayPal Help Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced. I understand that you want to downgrade your account to personal account. To downgrade your account, we recommend you open a new Personal account. To use the same email address registered to your Business account, you'll need to close your Business account first, and then open a Personal account. If you don't want to lose any of your previous information, you have to reach the support team via Message us/call us option during business hours to get it downgraded. Here's the article with the contact information to reach the team : How do I contact PayPal customer service?

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

stavrosioannou
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Bindu @LadyLioness16 

Hello I tried this method over 5 times now.

It doesn't allow you.

This is what you get, that your account cannot be closed.

I believe you need to speak with your team, developers or management . This is happening over a year and due to this i cannot use paypal1111111111.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stavrosioannou 

You have a Cyprus registered paypal account so can you confirm you live in Cyprus.

The reason I ask is that some folks in countries where paypal is not available register a Cyprus account to bypass the ban.

If you are in Cyprus and the account is being reviewed then only customer services can help you unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stavrosioannou
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Yes i am in Cyprus and as far as i know its fine to have an open account.

Anyway if only solution is customer services then how can i speak with them? I send several emails and opened several forum posts without any attention

Hope you can assist.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230517x
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t want a business account anymore
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230517x 

Then read the post above yours !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.