How to downgrade my PayPal account to Personal from Business?

paulgabriel28
Contributor
Contributor

how to downgrade my PayPal account to personal account from business account

Login to Me Too
128 REPLIES 128

shaakirahh
New Community Member
How do I change my account from business to personal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shaakirahh 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hitrunltd
New Community Member

My company is in Anguilla. I want to upgrade to a business account but I guess I failed to do so. How can I find out that it is possible to open a company account for Anguilla?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hitrunltd 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Anguilla .
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PBrigitta
New Community Member

Hi! I want to change my business account to personal. But I didn't get any help from the customer service, bot's answer with questions but no solution to this. And it said they can change once, but how? They didn't give me a mail to send anything, only the bot chat what is as I said takes me back to the same place and says, yes you can change it, just look up this and that in the messege centers, I looked, I searched, but astill no answer. There is anyone who can help me with this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PBrigitta 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laurislx188
New Community Member

i whant change back to personal paypal,, i dont need bisness account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurislx188 

Or you could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jasonthis007
New Community Member

hi i would like to switch from business to personal account. the account is in Kenya Nairobi. i registered this account as professional by mistake without knowing, please help me, i have money on hold until i give some paiement details which i don't have, to unlock the money. please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @jasonthis007,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

I understand your concern about your funds on hold. Don't worry! The money still belongs to you. When you receive a goods & services payment, the funds will be held by our standard 21 days hold. Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal. You can review our help center article for more information on Payment holds and the speed up process to release the funds

I see you're looking to downgrade your Business account to personal account. I would recommend you to reach out to our support team to submit your downgrade request. You can contact us through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page or message us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.