how do i know if my paypal account is verified?

km1017b
New Community Member

i have used this paypal account for the past 2 years, and never had any problems. i have my bank account connected to it, and make payments with it frequently so i assumed it was verified. i recently signed up for depop and sold something, however i am unable to download the shipping label because i need to verify my paypal account. i open the paypal app, and i cannot find anything anywhere that tells me if my account is verified. i ended up having to do the 'verify your identiy' by putting in my ssn and then 'verify your taxpayer status', both of which went through just fine. i just want to make sure, is this the reason why my account was 'unverified' to depop? once paypal processes these verifications, does it seem like i should be able to download this invoice? ive tried calling paypal customer support and using the message center robot thing, but i couldn't get through to a representative and the latter didn't really help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Renuka3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @km1017b 

Welcome to community.

You can verify your account from this article steps.

You can verify your account by either adding and confirming a bank account, or applying for and being approved for a PayPal Credit product.

Verification of identity increases customer trust because it creates a higher level of confidence that a person is who they say they are. When other PayPal users see that you are a Verified User, they know you have taken the steps to provide additional evidence of your identity. This creates confidence and a willingness to do business with you.

Thank you,

Renuka.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.