how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZaraKhan 

They can't open a PayPal account in Bangladesh!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RAMIG4M3R
New Community Member

Before i lived in Russia i where in Canada but when i buy something from Russian store they tell me wrong billing address how do i change my counrty ?

Login to Me Too

jeronimo_arg

Just so you know, requiring this is just plain stupid. I'm just in US for 3 months and I need to close my paypal account to use my US card, or create a disposable mail. Just plain stupid.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sarah

Hi jeronimo_arg,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. PayPal is country specific so we can't allow cross over of financial information on accounts.

Thanks,

Sarah

Login to Me Too

Ovi-K
Contributor
Contributor
I don't get it: - PayPal can't afford the budget to fix a bug - Somebody in PayPal management made a mistake and is not man (/ woman) enough to admit it Sine is possible with other money transfer companies to store card information from different countries, is clear there is no international law forbidding it.
Login to Me Too

Bad_mood
Contributor
Contributor

Due to the problem I faced .I wasn't able to buy with my paypal even if it has my full  name and everything.I made a mistake when I created this account .I choose France as my country I thought at that moment that this was for the preferred language but unfortunately  this has led to a big problem . Paypal told me that I should provide them with documents like number and a certificate but I couldn't do it because it's for France and not for my country .After all these years I wasn't able to unblock it .

Login to Me Too

olegs_bogatovf
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.
He moved to another country.
As a result, it blocked the old and new account.
can't delete the old account.
can't use the new account.
2 years can't solve the problem.
to email the answers come from the robot.
phone answering machine.

Login to Me Too

Fundi
Contributor
Contributor

This is frustrating. I read somewhere that a person can have two paypal accounts as long as one of them is not business, and so I am trying to open a new one as I have changed countries and somehow I can close the old one, but when I try to open a new one Paypal says my email is already used. So how do I create this new one as I have already closed my bank account with the old country and removed it and the old primary address from Paypal. I have spent almost the whole day trying to figure out this please assist.

Login to Me Too

Icicle
New Community Member

Seriously? no way to add a second country without new emails and new bank accounts?

Looks like I'll be using bitcoin then.

Login to Me Too

lokao123
New Community Member

I too have the same problem, how can I add my new country card to paypal? also, my new bank from my new country?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.