how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abdullah112 

Strange how most everyone else can manage to open a correct countries account.

When you click to register a Paypal account U.S country is at the top (as Paypal is a U.S company).

You click on the arrow on the side and scroll down to your OWN country and open your countries account.

Not exactly rocket science nearly 200 million folks so far have managed to do it so far so hardly Paypals fault if you couldn't.

Why would you think you have to select a U.S state if you don't live in the U.S????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abdullah112
Contributor
Contributor

there wasn't any option for the country to choose like I said only the USA state option

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abdullah112 

Thats impossible, when you click to register there is ALWAYS a list of countries, the fact that you didn't click to select the correct one is your issue and not paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Benshems
New Community Member
Good luck closing your paypal account!
Login to Me Too

Mithinbhuyan
I am 4 time my account delete but cannot delete my old account
Login to Me Too

octavia_1
New Community Member

It will only let you close your paypal (in my case so I can use paypal in the UK, which it wont allow since I have paypal in the States) it asks for a bank account!  I dont feel like taking that risk.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@octavia_1 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shaharia
New Community Member
I cant chnge my country from uk to bangadesh
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shaharia 

Sadly paypal is not supported or available in Bangladesh.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ZaraKhan
New Community Member

dear hope you are fine and doing great, solution for chang the email add and county in paypal,

first of all you should add a new email add in your paypal , go to my add then my money then add email address, then select that email for a primry email, then go to your email inbox , conferm it, after that remove your owne email address from payapl and then go to signup and open fresh another account in payapl by your own email, and also country add and mobile # every thing, conferm for sure...... try it and comment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.