how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

EstherShanti

but what if you have money on the account... it was by accident that somehow I managed to get a UK account (I live in the USA)... and someone sent me money to this account -- they mistakenly put the wrong email... and now I'm not sure how to get the money out, it won't even let me send to my other PayPal account. the whole thing is very weird.

Login to Me Too

Hossein43
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see why I should have a new account for changing country?
I have a German account and I have USD, Euro, and Pound in my wallets. I am going to the UK.
So, why I cannot use my account when I am at the UK?
Couldn't I login an make payment?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hossein43 

You can certainly try, when it goes wrong or you get issues then call customer services as it would be pointless posting on here when you have already said you don't see the point of changing paypal accounts when you move countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hossein43
Contributor
Contributor

should I change my county account even when I am on a trip to another country???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hossein43 

Another duplicate post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hossein43
Contributor
Contributor

why you are not try to help in a good and clear way?? 

your helping style is not helpful!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hossein43 

You have been given an answer and told why you would have issues, you chose not to take that advice so if you don't want to change your account when you move countries OR use a country specific paypal account in another country then thats your choice isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hossein43
Contributor
Contributor

No! you have not answered, and when I was asking again, you did not care to what is my question.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hossein43 

ok, whatever.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

abdullah112
Contributor
Contributor

I just made an account and it didn't give me an option to chose a country it forced me to choose a state from the USA and now you tell me I can't change country wow the main problem it gave me phone number is invalid in-country so I can't link to my business account you are basically forcing me to go for different provider, at first I felt its weird that everyone on youtube doesn't recommend Paypal for business now I get it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.