how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Hichamamzil98
New Community Member
HELLO SIR i have an issue with my address ,and the country of residancy ,i made a miskate on both of them because they were sitted automaticly ,i want to change them is this operation is available , and please let me know the steps tat i should follow to get it done
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hichamamzil98 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can't change a paypal account from one country to another unfortunately, you would need to close the one you have opened mistakenly (if you can) and start over with one in the correct country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hichamamzil98
New Community Member
The first topic is always the hardest. Thanks for your participation!
Login to Me Too

xNIKE2x
New Community Member

Hello i have been moved to another country and i a not able to use my paypal account how can i fix this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xNIKE2x 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

harshrajput0305
New Community Member
As i have moved from india to london i am not able to change my postal address. When i am trying to change it still shows indian states and not able to read my postal code what am I suppose to do?!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@harshrajput0305 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yafonne
New Community Member

Hi,

I need to close my PayPal account in Taiwan so I can open a PayPal account in US.  I called PayPal US and they told me to call PayPal Taiwan Customer Service to close my account. But the number they gave me does not exist.  What is the customer service number for PayPal in Taiwan?  Please help!

Yafonne

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yafonne 

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lois5107
New Community Member

I've moved from the US to Canada and understand I need to close my account. Can I reopen it using the same email address?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.