how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

womankind
New Community Member

Moving to Spain and wondering if I can keep the same account, adding US$ in the states, and Euros in Spain?  I'll be spending in Euros, so what PayPal charges are there over and above the standard exchange rate? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.

Login to Me Too

Fatima_2904
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I've got some money in my PayPal account that I can´t spend nor send to anyone, as it says I need to send some documents that confirm my identity. The problem is, when I created my account, I couldn't choose that I lived in Denmark. There was no option, other than choosing that I lived in the US. So I did that, but now I can´t send real info about me, as I live in Denmark. 

So my question is, can I switch my account from American to danish?

Thanks alot..

Xx Fatima 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fatima_2904 wrote:

Hello!

I've got some money in my PayPal account that I can´t spend nor send to anyone, as it says I need to send some documents that confirm my identity. The problem is, when I created my account, I couldn't choose that I lived in Denmark. There was no option, other than choosing that I lived in the US. So I did that, but now I can´t send real info about me, as I live in Denmark. 

So my question is, can I switch my account from American to danish?

Thanks alot..

Xx Fatima 

Explain this in a letter, pdf it and upload it to the open Resolution Center case for PayPal to review.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fatima_2904

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You would not be able to verify a U.S account so you would not be able to access those funds.

When you register to open an account you click on the drop down box and select YOUR OWN COUNTRY from that list.

You need to open an account in your own country and then ask customer services if they can transfer the funds from your old account to your new one BUT as you can't verify i.d. of that old account they may not do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lasereyes
Contributor
Contributor

Suppose I use my paypal account from outside my usual country of residence and that means that paypal requires security verification to log in. But paypal insists on sending an SMS code to my phone which is now inactive. What happens.

I just had a very unhappy phone conversation with paypal customer support and the answer they gave is that they are unable to override the requirement for a phone code and the only option is to open a new paypal account.

What they said sounded so inconvenient to me that I find it hard to believe. Are they right in what they said?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lasereyes 

You are allowed x2 paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business and those paypal accounts can be in 2 separate countries as long as you maintain a residence in that country.

But if you have an Australian paypal account and suddenly start to use it in South America or Africa somewhere then Paypal are going to want to check its really you and not a scammer in another country.

The only way that they can do that is by texting you a security code to your Paypal linked phone, if you have not got one linked then they may 'limit' your account until you can provide proof of who you are ie uploading a passport etc.

Thats why its always best to keep your contact information up to date on your Paypal account to save any problems especially whilst travelling.

However if you have moved countries then you won't be able to use another countries address on your paypal account or a linked bank account to withdraw funds so that account will never work properly and will at some point be limited so best to open a new one if you are permanently moving.

Its a pain yes but as Paypal is country specific and varies greatly in the service that they can provide in each country then having x1 Paypal account and using it in other countries is never gonna work....!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lasereyes 

I already answered that on the other duplicate post you made.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HSAJAD
New Community Member

Can someone assist me to change my Nationality in my Paypal profile?

Login to Me Too

kellytan
New Community Member

I registered in Paypal Malaysia and have now moved to Australia, the business is now in Australia. I need to update the info but it doesn't let me update anything that is Australia related. Do i need to apply for another account in Australia? I cant find any. information regarding this and all phone support is not available in Australia. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellytan 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.