how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Marcel579

it's stupid and completely cannot understand your politics... I have bank account established in Poland but traveling and change country every 2-6 weeks what means I need to close and open my paypal account in every month... then provide proof documents, link credit card, bank account... wait couple of days and thats everything to close account and open again... WHY? whats the reason of that? being in other countries all i can do is just buy VPN and establish polish account... is that your politics about the security? whats the reason of that? why i should to go through with all that process agai if this was your mistake... I sent you all documents as a proof that my bank account has been established in Poland, linked polish cc... so fix your mistake now... dont force me to go across the whole process again because your system failed...

Login to Me Too

mjval_lin
New Community Member

Hi, 

I would like change country but according to the answer here, I'd have to close my account first. However, I have some fund in the account and would like to withdraw it before closing it. Is there a way?

I also tried to link my bank account and keep getting "You cannot add a bank account at this time"

Login to Me Too

Azimi

Hello Siobhan,

If I close my account all of my account hisory will gone!

is it anyway to save them before close account?

Login to Me Too

Suthomas1
New Community Member

This is a completely moronic system.

My Nationality is not BVI.  Just because I opened the account when I lived there doesn't mean that I am a national of that country.  I should be able to change/amend the country of registration otherwise I have to close and reopen the account multiple times.

BTW - the country of residence doesn't affect Ebay taking money from my account - oh no, they are quick enough to do that and Paypal facilitate that however if I want to accept payment for something I can't.

IT really is ridiculous that I can't change my nationality and have to go through all the agro of closing an account, opening another one, confirming credit cards blah blah blah blah blah.

Awful way to treat your customers, wasting our time.......

Login to Me Too

Rstanley
Completely agree. What an idiotic design. And no one here is offering any rationale for it. Moderators - get someone in that actually knows why this is - it might mitigate some of the frustration for all of us if there was a reasonable explanation of why this is the case. Otherwise just saying "it's how we designed the system" makes us think retarded mole rats programmed the system.
Login to Me Too

anandarony
New Community Member

In that case, my email id should be same. Am I right?

Login to Me Too

Boniface
New Community Member

Is it possible to change the country without closing the account?

I cant even change my number.

Regards

Boniface

Login to Me Too

dikshant

Hi

I Like your sugession but can you tell me what will happen to my money which is in my account currently?

Thanks

@PayPal_Siobhán wrote:

Hi there mondz, 

You cannot change country as advised above. You need to close your account and open on in your new country of residence.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My account settings’.
  4. In the ‘Account Type’ section, click ‘Close account’ and follow the instructions. 

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
  3. Select your country or region and your language.
  4. Select the type of account you want to create, and then click ‘Get Started.’
  5. Enter your information, and then click ‘Agree and Create Account.’

After you have confirmed your email address, you can use your new account.

Also, you can only use an email address on one PayPal account at a time.

Siobhan 

@PayPal_Siobhán wrote:

Hi there mondz, 

You cannot change country as advised above. You need to close your account and open on in your new country of residence.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My account settings’.
  4. In the ‘Account Type’ section, click ‘Close account’ and follow the instructions. 

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
  3. Select your country or region and your language.
  4. Select the type of account you want to create, and then click ‘Get Started.’
  5. Enter your information, and then click ‘Agree and Create Account.’

After you have confirmed your email address, you can use your new account.

Also, you can only use an email address on one PayPal account at a time.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

goonerdwayne
New Community Member

It wont allow me to close account as funds in my account and I have moved address, country and banks to ireland.

What can I do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

electrapatronum
New Community Member

How can I close my account when I still have money in my wallet that I cannot send to another paypal account because I cannnot confirm my adress as I've moved country? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.