email scam

chriseb84
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved an email on April 30th saying that I sent a payment of $15.00 USD to Aruba CIoud, Inc. I know I never sent any money to them. I'm assuming this is a spam. There is a link on the bottom of the email that says "Click to Dispute this transaction". I don't want to click on it as I'm not sure if it's safe. Anyone else get emails like this or know anything about it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@chriseb84

Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last names or your business name. If you're unsure of any email, don't click any links in the email. Instead, go to the website directly and log in to see if you have any transactions or notices in your account.

Here is a PayPal link with details on fake emails.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake,-spoof,-or-phishing-emails-faq2340

In the link there is an email address at PayPal where you can forward the email to, so they can take a look.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@chriseb84

Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last names or your business name. If you're unsure of any email, don't click any links in the email. Instead, go to the website directly and log in to see if you have any transactions or notices in your account.

Here is a PayPal link with details on fake emails.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake,-spoof,-or-phishing-emails-faq2340

In the link there is an email address at PayPal where you can forward the email to, so they can take a look.

Login to Me Too

chriseb84
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! This was very helpful 🙂

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@chriseb84

You're welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.