Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Carlvdm77
New Community Member

So the only option is to call paypal ??

Login to Me Too

rastko1
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon.

I am not able to loggin to my paypal account since it asks for a phone number confirmation. I changed my phone number long time ago. Could you, please, correct this mistake?

Login to Me Too

elysium_eris
New Community Member
Same here. I have 2 phone numbers on my account. I already changed my primary number to the new one however they used an old phone number for the authentication. Couldn't logged in to my account right now
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rastko1 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VictoriaCylde
Contributor
Contributor
I'm putting in my login details then it keeps poping up confirm number by txt or phone call but the number registered to my account is not in use anymore.
Login to Me Too

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VictoriaCylde 

If you are unable to access your PayPal account due to an outdated phone number on file, then contacting our phone line is the best way to fix this problem. For contact information, go to PayPal.com and click on 'Help & Contact.' 

Thanks & Regards

Gane26

Login to Me Too

IonutS
Contributor
Contributor
I can't acces my account because my 2steps number phone isn't available anymore
Login to Me Too

Temp20211101BB
Contributor
Contributor
Seme problem I can't acces my account because my 2steps number phone isn't available anymore please halp me
Login to Me Too

ElijahEberhard
New Community Member

I dont have access to the phone number on my paypal account and I cannot login

Login to Me Too

mihaiaus
New Community Member

I'm not able to recover my account as on "next" Paypal is defaulting to SMS to an old number. 

My account was opened when I was an Italian resident. After moving to Australia and got a new mobile phone, Paypal refused to change the mobile number to an Australian one. As there was no way to change the account to an Australian one. 

At this moment I'm locked out. There is any way to unlock my account (I will be also happy to close it down and re-open) or just cancel it (I don't want that account to linger around). There is a way to actually send a message to paypal? 

I can, at any time, confirm that I'm possessing the email I opened the account (it is a gmail account) 

Thank to whoever can help me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.