can't add email adress to my account

anna_lala
Contributor
Contributor

i have already read some texts where this could be, but all of them are not possible. neither i have exceeded a limit of email address, because i only have ONE, nor is my email address not compatible. nothing happens. no message, no nothing. i click on "add email" and then... nothing! the field remains as it is. i can leave the field via the "back-arrow" in the upper left or via the small cross in the upper right. then i'm back in the main menu and there is still only one email address. i tried with other browsers because i thought maybe it's just a display problem. surf with opera, tried chrome. same same. since i'm going to cancel this email address it's really a problem. if there's no solution i'll have to get a new paypal account. that can't be it!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @anna_lala

Thank you for your post! 

I am sorry to see you are having issues adding an email address to your PayPal account, I appreciate this must be concerning. 

I know you have listed some resolution steps you have attempted and thank you for trying this. I will list the main reasons why you may see an error while linking an email address

1. If you have an account limitation
  2. If this email address is linked to another PayPal account 
  3. If you have the maximum amount of emails added to your account. 

I understand you have tried alternative browsers, this can sometimes help. We also advise avoiding using any VPNs and if you are travelling outside of the country to which your account is registered, this may cause an error. 

If you have checked all of the above and you still are unable to add your email address, I would advise contacting our customer service team. 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

anna_lala
Contributor
Contributor

hello rebecca, thanks for your reply. unfortunately it`s none of the problems you mentioned. i only have one emailadresse, one paypal account, and i also never had a problem with account limitation. the funny thing is that i can remember that i changed my email once. and i know that it was an issue at that tme too. so thats why i tried other browsers and it came out it was a really stupid thing that you would never be able to guess, but this time, i really cant find out. and to be honest - it should be easy! but... like i said: i klick the button and just NOTHING happens. no reaction, ne error message. i scrall down the hole page but there is just this plain white field.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.