account problem

Sima__
New Community Member

so uhh.... im probably about to cry.
i made a personal account using a bussines name and converted it into a bussines account. Then realized that i should've put my name in there so i closed the account and now idk if it closed the whole thing. (had my card linked to it)

i then made another account using the same email (smart, i know ;-;) and also misspelled my name. Now it wont let me link my card to it cause apparently its linked to another account, which makes me think the previous one is not closed, but i cant log into it cause i smartly used the same email.......... so i changed the email on the second account to another one (thinking maybe i would be able to log into the first account, which i have no idea if its closed or not, and delete the card from it)..... can anyone help me with this please? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi Sima_

Welcome to the Community! 

If you were able to use the same email address on your new account then this confirms the first account was closed. An email address cannot be used on two accounts. 

Regarding your card, it can take up to 72 hours for a card to release off an account when it's closed. I would recommend allowing some time before trying again. If this doesn't work then it might be best to contact us directly. 

Thank you for your post.

Craig 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.