Why does Paypal say Moneypass ATM's are free, but the ATM charges a fee and then so does Paypal.

fraudcharges
New Community Member

Why does Paypal lie about which ATM's you can use for free.  Also, why does Paypal not offer customer service, what major company is to lazy to answer their phones?   So, paypal states that moneypass ATM's are fee free.  However, I used an US Bank ATM that was listed on Moneypass's website.  Not only did US Bank charge me, but Paypal did as well. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

martinezjosei
New Community Member
Only a class action lawsuit will stop them from deceiving customers. Notice that they only say the "ATM owner might charge you a fee" when using non "money pass" ATM. But for moneypass ATM they deceptively hide that information and take you to their MoneyPass ATM's map.
Login to Me Too

austinhenderson
Contributor
Contributor
And I have trouble finding the MoneyPass ATM locator. They don't make it easy.
Login to Me Too

austinhenderson
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same problem. One bank I've been using with my PayPal Cash card for a couple of years & suddenly they charged me a $5 fee then PayPal charged me $2.50! This happened more than once but I only let it go through the one time cause I had to have cash & it was before I knew PayPal would charge too. Called customer service & first was told (after 45 minutes of back-and-forth between me & her superiors when she couldn't rebuttal my facts) to just avoid that particular ATM. I said I had planned to & then I was told, "I'm glad I was able to help. Have a nice day!" And got hung up on before I could respond. So I called back, got someone else who was a little more experienced but the best she could do on refunding me the $7.50 that I was charged for no reason, was a "voucher" for more than the amount lost that would kick in automatically the next time I bought something online. Luckily I do that frequently but this was not the best outcome for someone who doesn't. Not to mention I don't need anything right now online but I could use my $7.50 in cash if I had it. Don't know what's going on with that (it seems neither do they) but be warned!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.