Why can´t I delete my account?

Itchi05
New Community Member

I have been trying to delete/close my account but it says that i cant. i just opened it but the name of the contact for our company is wrong and i want to try to delete it.

Another question i have is if i close this account will i be able to open a new account with the same company name and email or will it be forever taken?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Leggera16
Contributor
Contributor
Pretty sure i just read to can reopen or reactive and account but all old transaction history will not be there.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

Leggera16
Contributor
Contributor
Pretty sure i just read to can reopen or reactive and account but all old transaction history will not be there.
Login to Me Too

deletemyacctNOW
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is full of liars and scammers, won't delete my account either.

Login to Me Too

phast1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to close my account for over a week and they will not do it.  

Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
Fill out a claim with BBB in California- they are given a time frame to respond. Also file with attorney general in your state and CA- and FTC.gov- we are on day 11 of no help. Everyday it’s a new excuse- called yesterday and their phone systems were not sending clear communication- honestly, pretty sure that was intentional as well.
Login to Me Too

TIMTIM6969

BBB did not know that

Login to Me Too

TIMTIM6969

Contact your Attorney General its free and they do give you a reply this is a shame . Those people on the other end of the line know this also should be ashamed . Good luck

Login to Me Too

TIMTIM6969

You just get balanced back and fourth from pay pal to pay pal credit . They do not want it closed there going to find a fee or charge which if not taken care of goes on credit report etc etc . I have been with pay pal since 2015 these last 2 or 3 years like everything else it went to ---- in my mind . 

Login to Me Too

TIMTIM6969

You will never get any where i do not need pay pal or its affiliates to buy things or help me get through life . 

Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

If you're having trouble deleting your account, it may be because there are some loose ends you need to tie up. PayPal warns you won't be able to delete your account if there are unresolved issues or a balance.

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.