Why am I getting marketing/offer email notifications, I have those turned off

Drizzt321
Contributor
Contributor

In my settings I have all of the Marketing notifications turned off, but I'm now getting emails/notifications saying there are offers for Sperry. How do I turn these off?!! If not, maybe it's time to close my PayPal account permanently. There's no "unsubscribe" link in the email. It says

because your email preferences are set to receive "News and Promotions". 

But in my settings, as I said, I have that opted out.

paypal_notifications.png

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Indieshack

This. 30 days to change marketing settings will be a major red flag to regulators and I believe is illegal in the US. There is no reason why changing a preference should take 30 days unless the company has an incompetent IT.

Login to Me Too

tj1234567
New Community Member

I am having this issue as well and they initially told me to report as phishing because I couldn't possibly be getting the emails with my settings.  Still getting them even though they keep saying I shouldn't be.  Report to the FTC here https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/assistant (choose "something else" as the category) and reference the CAN-SPAM act.

Login to Me Too

alexk636
I have had the exact same issue, and reported it to the FTC as spam and illegal marketing promotions that cannot be unsubscribed from. I encourage everyone else to do the same, it only took me 1-2 minutes: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/
Login to Me Too

dolt1
Contributor
Contributor

I got one of those marketing emails just now, read your question, went to my settings for "notifications", and found that I'd left open one channel:  "store cash expiring".  So the advertiser promises some "store cash", a discount, and PayPal sends me the ad.  I switched off that notification, we'll see what's what, but I'm confident it will stop that leak.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.