Why am I getting marketing/offer email notifications, I have those turned off

Drizzt321
Contributor
Contributor

In my settings I have all of the Marketing notifications turned off, but I'm now getting emails/notifications saying there are offers for Sperry. How do I turn these off?!! If not, maybe it's time to close my PayPal account permanently. There's no "unsubscribe" link in the email. It says

because your email preferences are set to receive "News and Promotions". 

But in my settings, as I said, I have that opted out.

paypal_notifications.png

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

cltguy81
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue - I have turned off ALL notifications and REPORTED the marketing email as Spam to gmail, but they keep getting into my inbox.  Have you had any success?  I have contacted customer support, I have even opened a dispute and sent in the pictures asking for help, I have called, emailed, chatted...nothing.  

Login to Me Too

aaron_121

Been having this exact same problem for years. They keep sending me these messages and every time I talk to help center they're like "Oh you have to turn it off" even though I send them this exact image. They're useless and no one will tell me why this keeps happening. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211027b
New Community Member

Same exact issue, including 0 help from Paypal support.

Login to Me Too

123hkr123
New Community Member

Report it to the FTC. I started receiving similar unsolicited marketing messaging a few months ago and I haven't been able to stop it either.

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov

Login to Me Too

orchidwile
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue.  I have all the settings shut off, yet I keep getting marketing offers when I have repeatedly been checking that the settings are off so I should not get them.

Paypal useless to correct it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @orchidwile

Sorry to hear you're still receiving marketing emails when you've opted out. 

It sounds like you've taken the proper steps to notification preferences. It can take up to 30 days for the changes to be applied. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

WMMMMMMMMMMMMMW
New Community Member
I've gotten these too, over the past year or so. I unsubscribed the first time I got any type of promo email, years ago. These appear to be paid promotions (ie: Overstock pays PayPal to send out "$10 off" offers).
Login to Me Too

Steven_B
New Community Member

They are actively tracking customers. I think it's time to leave Paypal, they forgot why people use them in the first place. 

Login to Me Too

UserNE11
New Community Member

I am not sure which country you are referring to when you say 30 days to take effect after changing User Notifications, but in the United States of America 

the law is a company has 10 days to comply with this law  (see item # 6 in the link below from FTC.gov website below. So after 10 days if a company is still sending emails after a person has requested to opt out, the company is in violation of the FTC rules. 

https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business 

I too am still getting this marketing offer emails from Paypal, even after opting out (I do not want to receive them).  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.