White overlay on top of authentication so can't login on iphone

cllmetatrsld23
New Community Member

For about a month when I try to make a payment, whether via the Facebook app, or safari, or in the Paypal app itself, I can't make it to the authentication code screen. I can see it, but there is a "processing" overlay on top of it, so I can't actually enter my authenticator code. I deleted the app, restarted my phone, deleted paypal from my authenticator, added the app back on my iphone and same result. I can log into paypal on my desktop using text authentication, but it won't let me change my password, I don't have the option to turn off 2 factor authentication under Settings/Security, and it won't even let me change my authentication method to text or setup my autenticator app again. I click 'update' and it just sits there; nothing happens. 

Ultimately, I use Paypal solely on my phone so needless to say, Paypal isn't my #1 payment method anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @cllmetatrsld23,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues receiving a code on your phone. I know the times are difficult and we would like to support you to the best of our capabilities. In this situation, I would recommend you contacting our customer support team as we won't be able to take any actions on this Platform. You can click on contact options available on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly. Once your issue has been resolved, you can certainly disable the 2 factor authentication by following the steps in this help center article.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.