Which PayPal account to setup for my cycling club?

kramolev
Contributor
Contributor

I want to set up a PayPal Account for my Cycling Club.  Would that be a personal account or a business account?  We do not have a credit card, but have a checking account.  We would use it mostly for reimbursing members, but may occasionally use it to make purchases. The non-profit version seems to be mostly for fund-raising

Suggestions?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kramolev 

A personal account has to be in one persons name and it belongs to one person only.

A  business account has to be registered in the name of the business or in the sole traders name. You can't have a cycling club account per se as its not a sole trader or business account.

Also you can only have 2 paypal accounts if one is personal and the other one business.

Have you thought about using a members paypal account and setting up a money pool for the club on that account?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kramolev
Contributor
Contributor
I was not aware a Members Account was an option. That might work. How do I set that up?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @kramolev,

If you're still interested in setting up a Money Pool, the steps can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.