Which Country/Jurisdiction is my personal data held?

ozisej
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm curious to know where my personal data is held.  For instance, I am in Australia, so is my personal data held on a server here in Australia, or is it held in the US, Asia, or some other part of the world?  Would my transactions and available balance be held in the same location?

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozisej 

Transfers of Your Personal Data to Other Countries

Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers.  We and our third-party service providers store and Process your Personal Data in the United States of America and elsewhere in the world.  We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Statement if your Personal Data is transferred to other countries.  By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country.  We do not represent that our Sites and Services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.”

If you need more info there is contact information further down on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full#enhanced-legal-10

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozisej 

Transfers of Your Personal Data to Other Countries

Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers.  We and our third-party service providers store and Process your Personal Data in the United States of America and elsewhere in the world.  We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Statement if your Personal Data is transferred to other countries.  By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country.  We do not represent that our Sites and Services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.”

If you need more info there is contact information further down on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full#enhanced-legal-10

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ozisej
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.