We're sorry, we couldnt confirm it's you

Judith48
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so basically when I try to log in to my PayPal account paypal tells me they will send me a verification code to my phone number, I click send and immediately it says '' we're sorry we couldn't confirm it's you''. It's super annoying and I can't log in to my account. I tried clicking forgot password and same thing happend an error pops out ''We're sorry we couldn't confirm it's you''. How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

A10Thunderbolt
Contributor
Contributor

As I said in a previous reply...CALL US at the bottom gets me an agent who tells me: You have to have a US CELLPHONE number to LOGIN to your new 2 step verification process. Since We're in Canada for the season, our US SIM card goes DEAD, HENCE...NO US CELLPHONE NUMBER..and as the Agent said: WELL THEN, NO PAYPAL "SIGN IN" for YOU..SIMPLE..no number NO service ! That's what "CALL US" gets...NOTHING !

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@A10Thunderbolt,

Apologies for the confusion. I had forgot to mention that your phone number on your PayPal account should be registered in the same country in which your PayPal account is registered. 

My apologies again for the confusion and inconvenience this may present,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

A10Thunderbolt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm back in the USA with a new cell number..it's working now ( the PP sign in process) but It WON'T WORK when I go back to Canada as the US Cell number won't work (for the two tier verification msg) once I'm up there...stupid!

Login to Me Too

Aspyro
Contributor
Contributor

THIS HAPPENED TO ME I LITERALLY WANT TO BUY DISCORD NITRO USING PAY(SCAM)PAL BUT THIS **bleep** MESSAGE "SORRY, WE COULDNT VERIFY ITS YOU" ALWAYS POPS UP AND I CAN'T EVEN BUY DISCORD NITRO ANYMORE. I'M CLOSING MY ACCOUNT NOW AND I'LL RATE 1 STAR OF THIS APP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.