New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Pay, shop, and do even more on the PayPal appGet the App
Hi, so basically when I try to log in to my PayPal account paypal tells me they will send me a verification code to my phone number, I click send and immediately it says '' we're sorry we couldn't confirm it's you''. It's super annoying and I can't log in to my account. I tried clicking forgot password and same thing happend an error pops out ''We're sorry we couldn't confirm it's you''. How do I fix this?
Pretty much insane.
I managed to change my password - I have acces to paypal registered phone nr I am receiving a codes but no metter what I do it's always
WE'RE SORRY, WE COULDNT CONFIRM IT'S YOU
No metter who my internet provider is.
I wont be calling international not toll free nuber to resolve this.
But this is really amateur. Unbelievable actually.
Oh yes. I wont't be deleting my browser. Or reinstalling it. Nor Cookies.
So if anyone have any hints.. fire at will ..
problem basically as Judith..I DON'T have a MOBILE PHONE number to attach to my PP account. I've been a PP customer/user for over 10 years but NOW, they DEMAND A "MOBILE NUMBER" to get Signed in. Lets be realistic..NOT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD finds the NEED for a MOBILE PHONE account. I have 2 regular (REAL PHONE COMPANY) land lines. NO MOBILE. I have a LIFE and just use my phones to MAKE PHONE CALLS..I have NO NEED for a MOBILE phone, so as the broken English, Indian guy from Customer Service says on the (LANDLINE PHONE): I guess PAYPAL is cutting me off as a customer after over TEN YEARS because I don't have a CellPhone. HARD TO BELIEVE HOW STUPID this policy is.
Yes, I do have a "nonUS" cell number but the PP system won't allow me to register it..and therefore can't get verified to simply LOGIN to my account.
This sucks, I cant get past
Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you
On hold for almost 4 hours, how much longer Paypal?
Did I mention Paypal sucks?
I'm most cases even resetting the password may fail to work because the error message sorry we couldn't confirm its you may still appear again meaning you can't reset the password either using PayPal's password reset link, what this message means is PayPal thinks someone has hacked your account and is trying to get back in without you knowing but if you know your the only one who uses your account not to worry I can help you get back in just follow these steps carefully.
1. Go to PayPal.com and create a new account only for the purpose of contacting PayPal's customer support since you can't login using your real account.
2. Once the account is created go to the message centre to contact a PayPal agent you can use this link to go to message centre👉https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-uscontact-us
3. Once the link is done loading just scroll down and then click message us option and then you will see a login option appear so you need to login with the new account you had created.
4. Once logged in you will need to click the option in the upper right corner of the page saying New to begin a new chat with a PayPal agent.
5. Once the new chat has been opened simply talk to the automated service and request for an agent if an agent is unavailable come back later during working hours which are 6:00am to 6:00pm If in USA for other countries that's the vice versa because of different time zones.
6. Once the working hours have reached now request for an agent once more and the automated service will ask you to leave a detailed message and an agent will get back to you around 2 to 4 hours so please be patient and wait.
7. Once the agent replies tell him/her your account password had been disabled for security reasons and that you tried to reset but you were told sorry we couldn't confirm it's you error message.
8. Now the agent may request you to call PayPal's customer service but calling bills for PayPal's customer line are expensive for some countries and sometimes an agent may not answer the call.
9. Instead the agent will text you and ask you to provide your Account names, Email address and home address for your PayPal account, Now unfortunately if you can't remember the home address the agent may not be able to open up your account because with the home address they can confirm your the true account owner, So please make sure you remember the home address you used for your Paypal account.
10. But if you give the agent all the above 3 details as required to help reset your password he will send you an email to your PayPal account email and you will need to check your gmail app for a message from PayPal saying you requested for a Password reset but better be quick and click the link in your email and reset the password because for your security the password reset expires in 10 minutes if you don't use it immediately when it has just arrived to your email.
11. Otherwise if you had clicked the password reset link before 10 minutes are over you just need to enter the new password you want and then enter it again to confirm then click reset finally and that's it your done you will be redirected safely back into your PayPal account.
Got the PP agent on the phone..from India or wherever..basically, he says Withouta US Cell number registered and able to receive PP SECURITY texts, I'm s-o-l.
No way to get verified or sign in..so stupid!
Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you @Dany_boy234 for providing our users on a run-through of what to expect, however we do not normally recommend creating a 2nd account to solve a login issue like this.
Instead here are some steps to guide you though our login issues where available:
I hope that helps!
- Jon K