We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

silouette
New Community Member

We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

Why am i getting this message when i click on  manage api credentials as im trying to set up the put it on laybuy api on my shopify site. 

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

Aleber
New Community Member

What is wrong, I was putting the right password and I didn't change my password. Your website and app are scary . I am afraid to use it. I still have money on my account. What is happening/

Login to Me Too

teoman1212

I'm having the same  problem. An hour ago , I couldn't transfer my money to my bank account. I have the problem "An error occurred, please try again later " and now says "We couldn't confirm it was you "That's really bad. I cant withdraw the money in paypal account. Now ı can't get into my account.This firm is very dishonest. They keep the money inside and don't give it to the users. I will apply to the necessary institutions on this subject dont worry Thieves!

Login to Me Too

AMysteriousMan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've called PayPal customer service and they've told me they're having IT issues. I have money sitting in my account that I need in order to pay rent, so a delay is something I LITERALLY cannot afford.

Context: I have sold two graphics cards on ebay, both have reached their destinations, and the last time I was able to login, the payment was being held.

After having done some searching on the web, apparently this error is an automatic one coded into the security system itself.

These say there are issues:

(https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/paypal)

(https://downdetector.co.uk/status/paypal/)

Whereas paypal seem to think:

(https://www.paypal-status.com/product/production)

Seeing as there are barely any responses from paypal themselves on this thread, I (and safe to say everyone else) would appreciate a response/update on the situation at hand. 

Thankyou

Login to Me Too

ma2021

unfortunately I can not help you, I am a mere customer like you and we all are

paypal made it clear they are not accountable for the community support we get here, yet they forward us here...

all I can say is I have account problems too and that their systems are faulty

it seems like paypal struggles between hackers on one end and anti-hack systems that ruin legitimate customers trust on the other end

I don't want to judge but those are scary times to be a paypal customer, especially if you have money in your account

Login to Me Too

zivziv

I cannot even log in into my account.

I know my email and password, it just doesn't let me log in.

All I get is "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you".

I cannot do anything.

Login to Me Too

AMysteriousMan
Contributor
Contributor

I had 2 factor authentication on mine as well! I would strongly recomend calling them and asking them to do theings on their end. I was told to upload proof-of-name documents, which I did, to which they just suspended my account and are holding my money for 180 days, even though I did what they asked. 

I am not joking when I say I was not able to pay rent because of this, had to move out, and thus lost my job. Paypal are usless; never taking a wider context into account.

Login to Me Too

XavTheCave
I had the same problem... I live in Canada so the service is free and pretty much user friendly. So I called paypal calling support and it was an uncooperative woman... She told me five time that it was suposly a bug in the server and I had to wait 48 hours. Finally, I waited 4-5 days, like it said in the phone number verification. When it worked I changed the phone number for mine and we're back to the start, we're couldn't confirm it you. So now, I have to wait 4-5 days before buying..............
Login to Me Too

Cracinky
Contributor
Contributor
How can i fix this!?
Login to Me Too

AnardoOMG
New Community Member

I keep getting that error too... even though the account is mine and it has my phone number and ip !

Login to Me Too

Elitehunt
Contributor
Contributor
I just re-registered to PayPal, by changing my first password after I forgot it, I gave them a new number, and did my first transaction to my PayPal, everything seemed right, until I tried to access it! They told me to confirm it's my account by using my old phone number which I already changed and don't have access to, I tried calling them but it just hungs up on me, for people dealing with someone's money I agree they have poor customer service!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.