Valid details but can't log in

brian215
New Community Member

Here's a weird thing that happened. I'm using Firefox on Windows 11.

I have a valid login. I can go to paypal.com and log in with my details just fine.

There is a site that has paypal payment available that I am trying to make a purchase through. I select PayPal as the option, a dark overlay goes onto the main window and a smaller popup window from PayPal appears. I'm already logged in on paypal.com but this little window asks for my password. It has remembered my email. Fair enough.

I copy and paste my password into the password field and submit. Error. Even though it's the exact same password as I just used.

I use the forgot password link and put in my email - the same one I just used to log in and the same one it just remembered for me. Error. It doesn't even recognise my email address.

What's going on?

Could it have to do with addons/browser protection blocking third party cookies? I use Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin.

I could pay without logging in just fine.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello@brian215,

I am sorry this has happened and I can understand your concern.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.