Upgrade personal account to business account using the same email

Mrn15
New Community Member

How do I upgrade a personal account to a business account using the same email address? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Kanth4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Mrn15 

Yes, using the same email address you can upgrade your current Personal Account to a Business Account. 

Thanks,
Kanth4

Login to Me Too

glaiveindia
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but unfortunately upgrading the current individual account to business account with same email is not working. It giving error that email id is already registered with personal account, kindly create a new business account with another email id. In this case, what is the meaning of upgrading the account? There is no sense of this. If you had created your brand indentity page with your name in individual/personal account for long term and you want to use that now as business account, you can't use it and your page is stucked in individual/personal account... Also you can't change that. Radiculas policy!!! Example: this is <removed> created in my personal/individual account and I reserved for long term, now my business expended as limited company and trying to convert PayPal account in business with same email but paypal not upgrading. Hence this <removed> stucked here. <removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @glaiveindia,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that you are running into difficulty with the upgrade instructions provided by @Kanth4. If you have followed those linked instructions and are not instead following the steps to create a new account, and are still seeing the error, please contact customer service for assistance. To contact customer service, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

glaiveindia
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Olivia, Thanks for your response! We had tried to contact customer support but unfortunately haven't received any response yet. This is very difficult to get in touch with PayPal customer support.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @glaiveindia,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received a response. In addition to the contact options in the Contact Us page, you can send a PM on Facebook or a DM on Twitter. If there has been a hiccup in communication on the messaging platform, that second outreach may do the trick instead.

I hope this can be resolved for you shortly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.