Unable to create a new password for old account.

srsellsstuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account with an old email address.  Paypal recognizes the email account, and I still have access to the email.  I have no idea what the password was, so I tried creating a new password.  I have tried multiple times, and each time, I get an error message stating something went wrong on their end.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@srsellsstuff 

They aren't quick thats for sure but if you can phone and get through thats the quickest option.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @srsellsstuff,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I understand your concern about creating a new password. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to log in to your PayPal account without a mobile phone number attached to your account. The best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

srsellsstuff
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it typically take customer service to respond?  It has been a few days already, but I also understand they probably are both overwhelmed and understaffed.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@srsellsstuff 

They aren't quick thats for sure but if you can phone and get through thats the quickest option.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.