Unable To Submit The Document for Change of Name

itsjustwil
New Community Member

Hi. I found that my last name show as surname in profile and I would like to change it.
There is 3 options to choose from for name change. I've tried 2 out of 3 but failed to update.
When I select option 2 - update my name, there is no submit button for the attached file. If I choose option 3 - make a minor collection, system was rejected.

May I know is there any solution I can solve it online?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

mchuatak
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Is there any active support here?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @itsjustwil and @mchuatak

Sorry to hear of the trouble requesting a name change. If you're still experiencing trouble with this, please reach out to us and we can help. You can reach out to our phone support team, Facebook team, or Twitter team. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

IrzaFS
Contributor
Contributor

beside Option 2 . this website told me to send email to 

PayPal, Inc.

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

But they didnt mentioned their Email. 

Anyone please help i have the same issue with the others !!!!!! i couldnt transfer money to my bank account and its been over a week. Nothing helpfull at Paypall customer service. this is embarassing.

Login to Me Too

brichase06
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this problem too after trying to update my name after getting married. I think I just figured it out 🙂

- Upload 2 files (or Upload twice if 2 docs are on the same file)- Go to Choose File, Select your document then go to Choose File again and select 2nd document and then the Submit button comes up. 

- Click the check box to change name then click Submit and a confirmation page comes up.

I had my 2 documents on 1 file (Updated ID and Marriage License) So I would upload it and there was no submit button, So I just uploaded it twice.

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

Joycey2
Contributor
Contributor

This has been driving me mad with no submit button but as above you need to make sure you upload 3 separate documents then a submit button appears. I was uploading 2 documents in one file which was causing the problem.

Login to Me Too

polyolly
New Community Member

Thank you so much! They still require 2 images still. 

Login to Me Too

KitsuneShadow
Contributor
Contributor

After two years of infrequently trying to change my legal name using the provided form, only TODAY have I realised...  The problem isn't the form, it's with the browser.

This form ONLY works with Microsoft Edge.  It didn't work with Chrome or Firefox (haven't checked Opera, but I suspect not).

Terrible customer experience, but at least today I FINALLY triggered the Submit button.

Login to Me Too

wardheed

They want 3 files in total.

You just need to upload 3 documents.

Once the 3 files have been uploaded, a check box appears and a confirm button.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.