Trying to verify app with text to phone, logs me out when sending code.

Effrontery
New Community Member

I just downloaded the PayPal app and part of the verification involves texting a code to my phone number saved on my account. The problem is, when it sends the code the app logs me out, so when I save the code and go back to enter it in the app I have to log back in and it gives me the exact same verification screen where I have to send a new code. I've tried several times and it's happened each time. Any idea how to solve this?

I'm on Android if that matters. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Effrontery,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are having issues verifying your account with the code provided. Generally, if the app is having issues, I would suggest using a desktop or laptop computer to submit the code provided to the full site. Please keep in mind that if you are requesting a new code, this would cancel the previous codes supplied. Alternatively, you can attempt to clear cache and cookies on the device being used, removing the app and reinstalling and attempting again. 

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.