Transfer money from the old account to the new one when you move to another country

imcvampire
Contributor
Contributor

I have just moved permanently to another country. From my understanding, I need to close the old account and open a new one. But I want to transfer money between without withdraw to a bank account and pay fees. So is it possible to have 2 accounts at the same time?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imcvampire 

Yes you can have 2 paypal accounts but only if x1 is personal and the other x1 is a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass @imcvampire 

Hello, I understand that he is talking about two accounts, in two different countries. and not , a pro account and a private account.

a question where you have to be telephasic ( telepath ) ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmarc_38 

Yes I do understand.

He can have 2 paypal accounts in 2 countries as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

it's a pity that he and others never give all the information on the questions. you always have to guess.
have a nice day

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmarc_38 

Very true.  😊

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

imcvampire
Contributor
Contributor
Hello guys, Thanks for your replies and sorry for unclear information. Because I moved to another country, I want to have a new account (in the new country) with all money from the previous one. To achieve that, I believe I need to have 2 active accounts at the same time (with 2 different countries). I plan to close the old account after the transfer. So my question is whether it is possible? Move over, is there any easy way to transfer the fund to a new account in a new country.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @imcvampire,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I see you've stated that you moved to a new country. As PayPal works with the regulatory requirements in each country we are available in, you will need to open a new PayPal account in the country you currently reside in. If there is a balance in the account you wish to close, you can attempt to transfer the funds to your new PayPal account.

If you are unable to complete the transfer yourself, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.