This type of phone number isn't supported.

BrianFitz
New Community Member

I can't log in to my PayPal account. After entering my password, PayPal wants to send me a text message to an old number that I no longer have. When I click on the "Add Phone Number" option, trying to add any number results in the error:

"This type of phone number isn't supported. Check your number and try again"

I tried several numbers from four different countries in the US and Europe, virtual and physical SIM cards, prepaid and postpaid plans. Nothing works. PayPal does not accept any phone number and the error message about the wrong type of phone number is just a cover to rob me of my money, no other way to look at it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrianFitz 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

If you don't have that number then to log in call customer services.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.