There is nowhere on my account that shows if i am verified or not.

emjayjay
Contributor
Contributor

I am beyond frustrated after numerous calls to the Paypal helpdesk and still i cannot see anywhere on my account if i am verified or not. There is literally nowhere that shows on my dashboard or anywhere. Is it because i am not using the App? I have followed all the steps to verify- including sending my licence- and the helpdesk person received it and said that is fine. Then i still got a message from the survey company i am trying to get paypal reward from saying your Paypal account isn't verified. So i ring Paypal again. The next person says you need to go to your Account and check everything is correct. address, email etc. well everything on there is fine and has been since i joined in 2013. there isn't even anywhere on that account page to press updated. I have nothing to change or add. I am so fed up. I truly don't know what else to do. I am tired of them telling me to follow the verification steps. I just want to find somewhere on my paypal account that shows if i am verified or not! thanks and sorry for the rant 🙂

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

saccoconsulting
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what I am going through and the agents are not helping at all! I am beyond annoyed. I cannot link my card to my bank account because I cannot verify the card on PayPal. I have money in PayPal that I cannot access. What am I supposed to do next?!?

Login to Me Too

emjayjay
Contributor
Contributor

omg i feel your pain- it was beyond frustrating. It actually took weeks for it to be sorted. And involved numerous phone calls to Paypal and my bank.

Basically i was told different things from different Paypal agents- i had to upload my drivers license and then told by agent that i was verified. But each time i tried to get a reward from the company that requires you to be verified with PP the company would say you are not verified. So phoned again and this time told another thing i had to do. That didn't work, another phone call to bank and PP. Still didn't work. I kept saying why isn't there a box that shows i am VERIFIED. grrrr. So eventually another agent told me i had to have two bank accounts/cards on PP to show i was legit. Finally they told me yes this will verify you. And finally i got the-get this- $20 - reward from the company that transferred it to Paypal.

So after that long unnecessary debriefing with you...ring them and keep ringing!!!! Good luck-:)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saccoconsulting 

Scroll right down to nearly the bottom of the below link, and read the section titled ''If you have a Paypal account in South Africa''.
https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-to-my-local-bank-account-faq1189

Here are some more helpful links:
https://techgirl.co.za/2018/01/18/withdraw-funds-paypal-south-africa/
https://briefly.co.za/92711-simple-steps-linking-fnb-paypal-accounts.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

saccoconsulting
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass , thanks for the links, but I've done all that is required for linking a card in South Africa. Still cannot verify the card. Just wish that the Paypal help center would actually do what they say and get back to you when they can't solve a problem and say they have to "escalate" it. They seem not be escalating it at all, but rather tossing it out the window!

Login to Me Too

emjayjay
Contributor
Contributor

So frustrating...keep ringing them..i eventually got the right person who told me what i needed to do. Took weeks though.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emjayjay 

In New Zealand to verify I believe you have to add and confirm a visa credit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

emjayjay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there 🙂

Indeed that is the case but i only found that gem out after numerous calls to different agents! And of course there is still nowhere on my account that shows i am verified..not even a little V hiding somewhere.or maybe there is and i've missed it 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emjayjay 

There is no verified icon, but if you go to verify for your country in the HELP section top of the page it will state how you verify.

Or instead of making numerous calls just ask on here? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

saccoconsulting
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "verify for my country" in the help section. And I have had 2 agents on the phone trying to fix this problem, neither of them could do it, and said they'd get back to me and then never got back to me. Not exactly great customer care!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.